Patient Participation Group
All the staff at Wargrave House Surgery strive to provide an ever improving service for patients. In 2011 we set up a patient participation group. The purpose of the patient participation group is to ensure that patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided at the surgery. It is currently run by email and comprises a diverse group of patients.
If you feel you would like to get involved or have something to contribute then please contact the practice manager at the surgery.
The following rules and terms of reference apply to the PPG
- All views are valid and will be listened to.
- This group is not a forum for individual complaints and personal issues.
- Please do not disclose confidential personal information to the group.
- We advocate open and honest communication and challenge between individuals.
- We will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group.
- Silence indicates agreement so speak up.
- Information discussed in this group is to stay in this group and not to be disclosed outside the group.
- Matters discussed within the group should be assumed confidential unless otherwise stated.
- Membership of the group is at the discretion of the practice manager.
Terms of Reference
This PPG will:
- contribute to practice decision-making and will consult on service development and provision;
- provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary;
- communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare to the practice;
- give patients a voice in the organisation of their care;
- promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventive medicine;
- give feedback to NHS trusts on consultations;
- liaise with other PPGs in the area as necessary.
We have a diverse patient population and this is mirrored as best as we have been able to by the profile of our PPG. We have members from different geographical areas of Hereford and have tried to include specific patient groups, these include families, patients with chronic diseases, nursing home patients, patients with physical and mental handicap, the elderly, men and women, the young, middle aged and old.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.